In this podcast, Russ Miller and Yonat Assayag of ClearBridge Compensation Group discuss the evolution of director compensation, including:
1. What is the upshot of the recent director compensation lawsuits?
2. Why haven’t boards been sued more frequently since there is the tricky circumstance that directors set their own pay?
3. How are companies reacting by changing their plans? (see their study: “S&P 500 Trends in Director Pay Limits”)
4. Are directors resisting the movement to amend their pay plans & place limits on their pay?
5. What is the role of the compensation consultant in helping directors set their own pay?